Monday, June 20, 2011

It pays to remember what you learned at home...

(For those wondering, the title is a song that the kids sang at a performance we watched.. and it's been stuck in my head and Hannah's head ever since! Argh!)

Oliotya Mukwano?! (How are you, good friends?)

I am having such an AMAZING time. I decided to start taking a note of the fun things that have been happening each day, so I don't forget. Here's a little run down.

Saturday:
  • Chris gave me his ring, which he promptly told me I MUST wear until I leave. So cute!
  • Getting ready to go out with the kids - Mercy braiding my hair. Randomly seeing Laurence dance while he was looking in the mirror.
  • Going to see the new land with the kids. Hilarious bus trip down. Chris singing "Our land is full of fruits, flowers and JOYYYYY!"
  •  Watching the kids pick mangoes from the tree on our newly purchased land. Henry hanging from the tree like a monkey. Peter falling asleep in the tree. 
  • Watching the kids performance at KBC. Chris was so proud I was there and kept smiling and waving at me. 
  • Peter falling asleep in my arms on the bus ride home. <3
  • After getting ready for bed, Chris saying "Goodnight Aunty. I love you." with hugs and kisses. FIVE TIMES.
Sunday:
  • The girls telling me I look beautiful and "very smart" when they saw me dressed for Church.
  • Piling 17 children and 7 adults into a taxi, to get to Church.
  • Sitting with Sharon in Church and having her hold my hand.
  • Standing up and telling the Church I'm from Australia, which was met with Ooohs and Ahhs.
  • Playing "Memory" with Camber and Chris.
  • Getting beautiful necklaces from Chris and Peter as presents.
  • Laughing with Hannah about last years trip and injokes, during nap time.
  • Worship with the kids - Creating dances during a song called "Jesus #1"
  • Hanging out the with boys and the girls in their rooms at bedtime.
  • Ugandan Chai Tea! Yummmmmm!! <3
Monday:
  • Going to New Creation Centre. Amazing worship! Seeing Betty being an awesome prefect and worship leader!
  • Hanging out with Simon Peter, Enoch, Jordan, Edward, Frank and Michael. My amazing boys!
  • Talking to Michael and finding out he's ridiculously shy.
  • Walking to the new school
  • Playing high jump
  • Frank and his crazy dancing
  • Injokes with Mama Sarah
  • African Market City
  • Getting beautiful notes from the kids when we got home and lots of hugs and kisses.
I can officially say this is my second favourite place in the world. My first, of course, being with my family. These kids are some of the most adorable and kind hearted kids you will ever meet. I am blessed just to know them, let alone have their love.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristal ... living and loving your adventures ... praying for you all

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ps Mike! =) Hope Church is going well!

    ReplyDelete